The challenges faced by the six-person Insights team included:
- Ensuring that the Insights team is researching the appropriate, priority business challenges.
- Holding stakeholder teams accountable for using research insights to inform business decisions.
- Efficiently measuring and communicating the time, effort, and cost of research.
- Reducing the “hands-on” time spent by the Insights Leader on every project.
The Insights team utilizes Olivetree Insights software and coaching.
“Helps us stay on the path of being an integrated, consultative partner; not an internal research project supplier.” Eden Weller, Customer & Market Insights Manager, J. J. Keller & Associates, Inc.
- Research results are more aligned with critical business challenges and acted upon.
- The Insights team is better able to control “difficult” conversations with stakeholders, holding them at the design phase rather than being questioned by clients during the reporting phase.
- Saved $15k to $20k on one project by revising a study that was originally addressing the wrong objectives. Also, with a better understanding of business objectives and decisions that need to be made, the insights team is saving time preparing reports, and is presenting better results and recommendations.
- Finally, the Insights Leader focuses more on design thinking, innovation, and strategic planning, as his team is more empowered by following a best-practices-based, consistent process.